Tips for writing a bibliography
You can also edit your list of references yourself, in conformity with the following instructions:
In the National Library of Belarus, you can get free qualified help from bibliographers:
- in the reference and information service room No 257;
- in a class held on the last Wednesday of each month, at 17 hours (room 257c).
In the kiosk, located in the lobby, you can purchase "Making bibliography for scientific paper", a methodical recommendation prepared by bibliographers of the National Library of Belarus. The manual, written in an accessible form, includes a large number of examples and the basic rules for the preparation and writing of a bibliographic description of papers.
To specify bibliographic information about a paper or find out about the availability of a particular publication in the library, you can:
- look in the catalogs, databases and stocks;
- ask a librarian-consultant at information points or by phone +375 17 266 37 37;ask a bibliographer on duty in the catalog and card index room (2nd floor, atrium) or by phone +375 17 293 28 56;
- ask a librarian in any reading room.
For more info: +375 17 293 27 40 (from 10 to 17 hours on weekdays),
+375 17 293 27 38 (from 17 to 21 hours on weekdays, from 10 to 18 hours on weekends).